The Farouk CHI ceramic flat iron will leave your hair with a “just stepped out of the salon” look. It’s a styling tool that is versatile so you can straighten, curl or flip your hair while leaving it silky smooth.
Although this iron may not have a perfect star rating from customers who have used it, its satisfactory performance is more than enough to make it to the top in the field of hair styling tools.
Farouk CHI Ceramic Flat Iron Features
The CHI flat iron features a comfortable design with a swivel cord that allows you to straighten your hair from any angle. The iron heats up in approximately 10 seconds with the flash quick heating technology. Designed to straighten, curl, flip, and style your hair, this flat iron allows anyone to enjoy smooth, shiny hair instantly.
- straighten, curl, flip, style;
- versatile “all in one” ergonomic design;
- flash quick heating. Swivel cord;
- create silky shiny hair instantly.
This Farouk CHI ceramic flat iron features 1” plates which are great for nearly everyone. The Farouk CHI irons were the first of its kind to integrate 1” thick ceramic plates for the heating purpose.
No matter if your hair is short or long this iron will work on your hair. If your hair is longer you may need to take smaller sections however, the 1” plates make it easier to get close to the scalp in order to have smooth hair from scalp to ends.
If you have long hair and are wanting to take less time to straighten it, you may want to look into a unit that has larger plates.
A red solid LED light will let you know when the unit is on and when it reaches its fixed temperature of 370 degrees, the light will flash.
The ceramic coils and plates maintain an even temperature at all times during use and will produce negative ions, helping hair retain moisture. You can expect to spend 40% less time straightening your hair. The Farouk is designed to seal the cuticles of the hair bringing out the healthiest of hair. This will help to repel humidity and damage from the many factors brought on by our hair treatments as well as the environment.
This ceramic heat system will infuse your hair with silk molecules to give you the best results for soft, shiny hair.
The Farouk Chi ceramic flat iron is great for any hair type. While most typically think of using a flat iron on curly hair, it helps to smooth out all types of hair. Its design also allows versatile styles like flipping, curling, styling and straightening.
No matter what flat iron you choose, using a heat protecting product on your hair prior to using the styling tool is highly recommended. If you are unsure which product is right for you, ask your stylist. He or she will be able to recommend the right product for your hair type.
Pros & Cons
- The ceramic plates distribute and maintain heat evenly throughout the plates so that there are no hot spots, protecting your hair from damage.
- The lightweight iron will help you glide through your hair quickly and effortlessly whether you want a straight, curly or flipped style.
- Its “flash heat” function enables it to quickly heat up only taking about 10 seconds, after plugging it in. This feature also makes it energy efficient.
- The 10 ft 360 swivel cord also makes it convenient so there is no tangling of the cord when you are styling your hair.
- The CHI flat irons don’t have an on/off switch or auto shut off function.
- You will need to remember to unplug it when you are finished. It also has a temperature of 370 degrees which is not changeable.
- Currently, this iron only works in the United States and Canada with 110 voltage.