Finding a titanium flat iron can be difficult but, the Remington frizz therapy flat iron may just what you’re looking for. There is nothing more frustrating that to spend a lot of time straightening your hair just to go outside and have it turn to frizz.
With a 4.5-star user rating, you may get your frizz-free hair that you desire after all. This styling tool was designed to straighten hair while making it resistant to humidity. Don’t let the less expensive price fool you into thinking that it is a low quality ceramic hair straightener.
The Remington S9951 Frizz Therapy flat iron received the Allure Breakthrough Product Award as well as rave reviews from Good Housekeeping. This could be due to the fact that it features ceramic plates that are infused with conditioning polymers that condition your hair while you straighten.
- 15 Hour Protection From Humidity.
- Professional ceramic damage reducing conditioning plates-infused with a blend of conditioners and avocado oil.
- Ceramic Floating Plates that Reach a Professional 430 Degrees and A Digital LCD Screen.
- 30-second Heat Up with A Turbo Boost Function That Automatically Sets To the Highest Temperature Desired.
- Other Features Include: Automatic Safety Shut Off, Cool Tip Ends, Swivel Cord, and a Hinge Lock.
The plates will heat up to 430 degrees, which is similar to the more expensive models. When you have chosen the best temperature setting for your type of hair, you can prevent accidental temperature changes by securing it with the LCD lock. If you need a boost of high heat, simply hit the turbo boost. It also features a digital LCD display screen and beeps when it reaches the desired temperature.
Recommended Temp. for Hair Type:
- 300˚-340˚F Very fine, fragile, damaged hair;
- 360˚-390˚F Normal, easy to straighten hair;
- 410˚-430˚F Thick, difficult to straighten hair.
You can also have the piece of mind that if you forget to shut the iron off, it will automatically shut off after 1 hour. To turn it back on, simply press the on/off switch.
Remington Frizz Therapy Flat Iron Anti-Frizz Technology
The Remington frizz therapy flat iron features the highest grade ceramic offering a smooth, snag-free glide. The floating plates are infused with a blend of frizz-resistant micro conditioners and avocado oil that lasts the lifetime of the hair straightener. The frizz resistant micro conditioners not only diminish frizz upon styling, they also resist the effects of humidity for a smooth style all day long.
Tests have shown that hair straightened with this iron stays straighter and healthier when compared to a conventional plate iron.
Conventional straighteners don’t make it so that all hair comes into contact with the hot plates on your first pass. Each pass means more damage. By using the Frizz Therapy Flat Iron, you will get around this issue because of the floating ceramic plates. These type of plates allow hair to flow freely through the flat iron and increase the amount of hair touching the ceramic plates. The outcome is the straighter hair faster and has less damage.
Pros & Cons
- The unique floating ceramic plates create smooth hair quickly and easily.
- Your style will last because of its 15 hours of humidity protection.
- This device will heat up in 30 seconds and also features a turbo boost function which automatically sets to the highest temperature desired.
- The Remington frizz therapy is excellent for all hair types from fine to thick, curly hair. It makes hair very smooth and silky but, still leaves the body so your hair looks beautiful!
- Features digital precise heat and LED display which you can lock by holding the minus button for 3 seconds. This locks all the buttons including the on/off button.
- This professional flat iron has a closing lock to make the unit easier to store. To lock the iron, simply squeeze the plates together and turn the switch to the locked position. To unlock, turn the switch to the unlock position.
- The buttons being located on the outside can be inconvenient for some.
- According to some customers they wished that the serum could be turned on and off because, some had issues with it leaving their hair oily if they didn’t wash it every day.
- It has also been mentioned that the flat iron tends to pull strands of hair out if you try to flat iron large sections of hair at a time.
- You should take small sections to avoid snagging the hair.